While updating the payroll or maintenance in the QuickBooks application you might come across QuickBooks error 15215. It simply states unable to verify the digital signature and suggests a solution to clean all the junk files with the disk cleanup. Following are key steps that you must take to eliminate error 15215 in QuickBooks. First of all, you must try to restart your system and run QuickBooks as a windows administrator. The next step should be to verify that Use TLS 1 .0 is checked while TLS 1.1 and TLS 1.2 are unchecked in the Internet Options window. Restarting the windows in selective startup mode also could be the best way to deal with error 15215. In case you are not able to tackle the problem then you must connect with us on the QuickBooks support number.
Solution 1: Run QB Desktop as an Administrator
1. First of all, you need to ensure that QuickBooks Desktop is closed.
2. Now, make a right-click on your Desktop icon and then choose “Run as administrator”.
3. Next, you should click on Yes when you get this message “Do you want to allow this program to make changes to your computer?”
Solution 2: Verify TLS 1.0 Settings
1. Firstly, you have to close QuickBooks and then open Internet Explorer.
2. Now, you should click on Tools and then select Internet Options.
3. After that, click on the Advanced tab.
4. Next, you must click on Advanced Settings and find Use TLS 1.0, Use TLS 1.1 and Use TLS 1.2 options.
Reset Internet Explorer Settings
5. Check that Use TLS 1.0 box is tick marked.
6. Ensure that Use TLS 1.1 and Use TLS 1.2 are not marked.
7. Now, click Ok and close Internet Explorer.
8. Finally, Reboot your system and restart QuickBooks Desktop.
9. Also, check for updates if available.
Solution 3: Restart Windows in Selective Startup
The first step is to close your QB Desktop.
Now, you have to select Run and check for following versions:
Windows XP: Start > Run
Windows 7 and Vista: Navigate to Start > All Programs > Accessories > Run
Windows 8 and 10: Press Windows + R together.
After that, navigate top Run box and type msconfig, click Ok.
You will see the Configuration Utility window.
Now, choose Selective Startup and uncheck the Load Startup items check box.
Click on Save and then select Ok.
Next, you to restart your PC.
Then, open QB again and download the current tax table.
Open System Configuration Utility by following steps 1-4.
Next, you need to check the Normal Startup box and click Ok.
Finally, restart your system again.