Przemysl Surnames List

1234
nsiegel nsiegel

Przemysl Surnames List

I have made another attempt to post the first iteration of the list of Przemysl surnames being researched by members of the Forum. I have sorted the list in two ways:  by Member Name and by Surname.

This is a first draft -- and I apologize for any errors!  Please let me know if you have any additions or corrections to make to this list. If you are not able to open this document, please let me know!!

I have used only the first name or user name of our members.  We're a small enough group that it works OK to do that for now.

Regards,
Nancy Siegel

PRZEMYSL_Surnames_List_-_rev_18Feb2011.pdf
HayaH HayaH

Re: Przemysl Surnames List

Nancy,

It is a great start and you've made it happen after all.

Kol Hakavod!

HayaH
Gideon Gideon

Re: Przemysl Surnames List

Thank you for your effort. I am researching the following surnames: KNOLLER LAUTERBACH PROBSTEIN Also, I have very little information on the Dr. Matityahu (Macek) GANS - If that would help - please contact me. Thank you Gideon Goldstein
Jacob Rosen Jacob Rosen

Re: Przemysl Surnames List- APOTHEKER

Dear Nancy,
I presume that you'll post APOTHEKER on the list.
Thanks.
Jacob Rosen
Jerusalem
Nili Nili

Re: Przemysl Surnames List

Hello Nancy

Please add the surnames SEGAL, SIEGEL and ZINS

Thank you,

Nili Goldman
nsiegel nsiegel

Re: Przemysl Surnames List- APOTHEKER

I have received a number of emails from Forum Members with surnames to add to the list -- this is terrific!  I will update the list later this week and send it to all of you.

--Nancy

Re: Przemysl Surnames List

I just joined the Przemsyl blog and would like to contributor two new names.  My grandfather's name SALES and his wife's maiden name LOWENTHAL.  Thanks for the effort.
Gary
Gershon Lehrer Gershon Lehrer

Re: Przemysl Surnames List

Thank you!

Could you please add
Grunes and Grines from the Pshemish area (Smolnik and Sanoc)

Gershon Lehrer
Antwerp, Belgium
http://www.gershon-lehrer.be/blog
HayaH HayaH

Re: LÖWENTHAL Surname List

Dear Gary,

in my FELD-LOFFLER-LICHT tree I have:

Reizla LÖWENTHAL married to Benzion ORNER living in Hureczko (~8km east of Przemysl)

Leib LÖWENTHAL married to Cypora GRÜNSTEIN,
having a daughter Machla born in 1894

Mojżesz   LÖWENTHAL married to Feiga ORNER living in Dobromil in 1911
Szymon Hersz LÖWENTHAL married to Reizla RISPLER (ne ANTMANN) in Dobromil

Hope it helped,

Best wishes,

HayaH
Shoshie Shoshie

Re: Przemysl Surnames List

Please put me on the list: My name is Rose,Shochanna nee Sneid HOCHMANN searching Przemysl for surnames BERNSTEIN and JUST. Thanks, Shoshie
EllenK EllenK

Re: Przemysl Surnames List

Shoshie, Welcome to our forum!  My great grandfather's first wife was Chaja Brucha Bernstein (1865 - 1889).  His name was Samuel Silber  She died in childbirth giving birth to twins, one of whom also died.  Her son Abrum Silber (1889 - 1942?) was my grandmother's half brother.  Abrum married Antonia (Tonka) Glasberg but I don't know if they had any children.  He and his wife were managing an Inn in the Carpathians when the second war broke out.  My father wrote him from Paris and urged him to leave but he decided not to as he thought they would be fine out in the country.

Regards, EllenK
Shoshie Shoshie

Re: Przemysl Surnames List

Ellen, Sorry, I have no Chaya Bruha Bernstein nor Silber in our family. We do have a Bluma, Leah,Yutta Bernstein all children of Avraham Bernstein and Bina Just married c1872, and another Yutta Bernstein who married Moses Krohn,some of whose children went to America. Regards, Shoshie
Shoshie Shoshie

Re: Przemysl Surnames List

Please note that in asking to be put onto the Surnames List , my own middle name should be corrected to read "Shoshanna". Thanks, Shoshie
Martin Martin

Re: Przemysl Surnames List

Nancy
The names I am researching are:

Malisdorf
Kellem
Tag
Natkes
Susswein

Best Wishes,
Martin
karenknoller karenknoller

Re: Przemysl Surnames List

I am responding to Gideon Goldstein who said he was researching any members of the Knoller family from Przemsyl.
My grandfather, Wolf Knoller, was born in Przemsyl and came to the U.S. as a young man before World War I.  He had several brothers who also emigrated to the U.S.  The youngest, his sister, Regina, died in
the Holocaust in Belzec, along with her husband (surname Maurer), and their daughter, Louisa.  Their son, Irving Maurer survived seven labor camps and a death march and came to this country in 1948.
I am Karen Knoller, daughter of William Knoller, son of Wolf Knoller.  I also had two Aunts, Leah Knoller and Martha Knoller Zorfas.  They are all deceased.
My father was a graduate of CCNY (1937), majoring in history.  I am a Cornell (1967) graduate.  My three daughters all graduated from Princeton (now living in NYC) and my Knoller niece and nephew are students currently, respectively at U. of Rochester and Harvard.  Perhaps there are connections to be made for this
younger generation.
I would be happy to hear from anyone who is searching for Knollers from Przemsyl.
Thank you for providing us with this forum.
My personal email is karenlaureno320@yahoo.com should anyone want to contact me directly.
Gideon Gideon

RE: Przemysl Surnames List

Hello Karen,

I will be forwarding information to you privately. Yet I want the forum and others to know that at this point we are looking at what may be three Knoller branches stemming from the same roots yet we are unable to link them together. They all are from Przemysl

The three founders of the branches are Isaac (Yitzhak) born in Przemysl circa 1750. The second is Eisig Knoller born in Przemysl in 1772 – he is Karen Knoller's ancestor. The third is Aaron born in Przemysl  in 1800.

If anyone can provide any information regarding the Knoller family in the 18th century – We wpild be grateful.

The foremost expert on Knoller research is Ms. Karen Pratt. Much of what I know I have learned from her.

Gideon Goldstein

אנא, אל תדפיסו הודעה זו אם אינכם חייבים לעשות זאת.

Please print this document only if necessary

[...]
My personal email is [hidden email] should anyone want to contact me directly.

http://the-jewish-przemysl-forum.983740.n3.nabble.com/Przemysl-Surnames-List-tp2535494p2818529.html

To unsubscribe from Przemysl Surnames List, click here.

=======
http://www.pctools.com
=======

=======
http://www.pctools.com
=======
JSmallman JSmallman

Re: Przemysl Surnames List

I'm researching the Spinrad and Kestenbaum families from Przemsyl. Louis Spinrad and Sarah Kestenbaum had at least 10 children, and they emigrated to New York (where most of their children were born) around 1903. Any help is greatly appreciated!
HayaH HayaH

Spinrad and Kestenbaum families from Przemsyl

Hello,
in my Feld-Loffler-Licht family data I have few KÖSTENBAUM family members from Sieniawa and Bolestraszyce.
Does it match any of yours?

I would suggest to register to our new Przemysl forum. Follow the instructions.Good Luck!

Best wishes,
HayaH
peridawn peridawn

Re: Przemysl Surnames List

Hello, I am searching the following surnames: ANFANG ADLER HOFFNER EICHNER If you have any information, please let me know. I also have found family ties to Dubiecko. Thank you. Peri
HayaH HayaH

RE: Przemysl Surnames List

Sorry Peri, there is no family connection.

http://the-jewish-przemysl-forum.983740.n3.nabble.com/Przemysl-Surnames-List-tp2535494p3149994.html